HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY
Our objective is to create a safety culture and an effective Health, Safety and Environmental Management System (HSEMS) that helps prevent injury to people or harm to property or the environment.
Ensuring the health and safety of our employees, contractors, the general public and protecting the environment is at the core of the ‘Strike Group Values’ and underpins the success of our organization.
We will do everything that is reasonable and practical to provide the educational, mechanical and physical means to safeguard these important stakeholders.
- We are committed to conduct our jobs in a manner that protects the safety of ourselves, our co-workers, and the public.
- We are committed to providing a work environment that meets or exceeds the highest level of industry safety standards and is in full compliance with applicable legislation.
- We will not compromise safety for the benefit of cost, schedule or productivity.
- We are committed to work in a spirit of consultation and cooperation with workers.
WORKER RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1. Our workers have the right and responsibility to identify and refuse unsafe work.
- 2. Our workers have the right and responsibility to be engaged in the process of identifying and controlling health and safety hazards at the worksite.
- 3. Our workers have the right and responsibility to know the hazard sources in the work environment and stop work if they believe they are at risk.
- 4. Our workers have the right and responsibility to report all incidents and all unsafe conditions.
- 5. Our workers have the responsibility to follow the safety rules including, following Codes of Practice, Safe Work Practices and Safe Job Procedures, wearing required personal protective equipment and participating in safety training initiatives.
Employees and contractors, who knowingly violate safety rules will face disciplinary action, dismissal or possibly legal action.
By working safely and fulfilling responsibilities, everyone who works at Strike will share the benefit from a safe and healthy workplace.