2022 Canadian Immigrant Scholarship Awarded
Strike’s scholarship program is part of our commitment to helping break through barriers and creating a positive impact on the community at large. We believe that everyone has a right to education, and we are committed to providing people in historically underrepresented groups with financial aid.
Annually we are offering a $2,000 scholarship for Canadian Immigrant student living in Western Canada. For 2022, we are delighted to award the scholarship to Mirela Alcaz!
Mirela is originally from Moldova, and she immigrated to Canada when she was three years old. She is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Commerce specializing in International Business through the Haskayne School of Business at the University of Calgary. Strike’s team was very impressed with her scholarship application, and also really enjoyed getting to connect with her in person!
- She has a dream of working in a Canadian Embassy in Europe
- Mirela has taken part in several leadership and mentoring roles within her community, such as:
- Coding Buddies and Reading Buddies through the Calgary Public Library,
- The Families and Students Together Program that supports family dinners, parent counselling and developmental activities for children, and
- The Impact Society that helps to move youth from ‘at-risk’ to ‘at-potential’.
Strike wishes Mirela all the best with her educational journey and future endeavours!